Sunday, July 28, 2013

Lazy Saturday... and My Late Night Disaster!

I spent almost every weekend either catching up on homework for my Master's in Healthcare Administration, or catching up on work for my crazy job... not to mention little things like cleaning, cooking and grocery shopping (when did I get so domestic?!) so it is wonderful when I get to spend a whole day having fun!  

I started the day with pilates and a core workout at home, because I was too lazy to get to the gym.  I love my apartment, because it overlooks the Blue Hills with a view of a rugged cliff and greenery from both my bedroom and my living room.  Yoga mat + foam roller = instant workout, just seconds from my bed!  Not half bad! 

This definitely beats the view from my gym!
After heading to my favorite bagel shop for breakfast and a coconut iced coffee, one of my best friends sent me a text message to see if I wanted to get a pedicure.  Umm... sold!!  Spending the morning in the salon was absolutely wonderful - not to mention, we met one of my favorite doctors from work there, and had WAY too much fun together!

After pedis and manis, we bought subs from the Greek shop next door, and then headed to the Irish Cultural Center in Canton for a rugby game.  I had never been to the Irish Cultural Center, but it was so much fun!  It was a beautiful, sunny day to cheer on the rugby players, and spend the afternoon on the terrace.  My friend and I also decided we needed to try out the swing-set in the nearby playground.  It was SO much fun, until we managed to swing so high that the swing-set poles started to tip out of the ground!  Yikes!!

Go Wolfhounds! 

After a fun day outside, I couldn't wait to relax by the pool! (Because clearly I hadn't done enough relaxing all day long!)  I had a lovely poolside nap, and got halfway through a new book.  Life doesn't get much better than that!

Check out my purple toes - I love the new color!
Just when I was ready to call it a PERFECT Saturday, I decided to do a quick load of laundry before bed.  I should have known better.  It wasn't until I pulled my wet clothes out of the washing machine, that I realized that a full roll of toilet paper had fallen into the washing machine.  Everything was absolutely covered in tiny bits of soggy paper.  It was like snow!

Not what I wanted to see at 8:30 pm on a Saturday night!
I tried to shake everything out as best I could, but it was hopeless.  So, I threw everything in the dryer, hoping the lint trap would catch the toilet paper snow, and praying that I wouldn't set my dryer on fire in the process.  I spent the next hour emptying the lint trap every 5 minutes, pulling out huge clumps of disintegrated toilet paper.  It was about as fun as it sounded.  Luckily, it worked perfectly, and my clothes were saved!

Lesson learned... always check to be sure the washing machine is EMPTY before starting a load of laundry!

What laundry disasters have you experienced?  What are your favorite lazy Saturday activities?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! When I was a kid, I left a BOTTLE OF NAIL POLISH in my pocket before it went into the wash...big mistake. My family was not impressed.

    ReplyDelete