Saturday, July 6, 2013

Beach Living on Quincy Shore

One of my most favorite parts of summertime is evening runs along the beach.  Work has been so busy lately that I've often been getting home after dark, too exhausted to do much of anything but grab a sandwich, watch some amazingly trashy reality TV, and fall asleep on the couch.  But Friday was so quiet at work, since most (normal) people took the day after the Fourth of July off, so I managed to catch up on a ton of projects, and head out by 4 pm.  It was incredible!  So this is how normal people spend summer Fridays...

I spent a couple of hours laying by the pool with a book, waiting for it to cool down a bit, and then decided to head to Wollaston Beach for an early evening run.  I was amazed to find the beachside trail pretty empty - it was like my favorite path had been waiting for me all this time!  

Yes, that's my shadow!
A run from one end of the beach to the other is around four miles, and I loved every second of it.  The best part on a hot summer's day is strategically placed water fountains along the beach, which just make it all the more wonderful!  But the best part?  Collapsing alongside the water for post-run stretching and relaxation.  

Love my snazzy new pink shoes!
I never wanted to move from my perch on the stone wall, but the smells of deliciously bad for me fried seafood enticed me back onto my feet, for a slow walk down the beach to one of my favorite stops.

All of my favorite things, all on one sign...
After buying a lobster roll and a diet Coke, I was back on the stone wall, pretty much loving life.  It really doesn't get much better than that!  The best part was, I was just in time for sunset... and I had a front-row seat!  What an amazing reminder to leave work early more often... I couldn't believe what I had been missing! 

I just loved the light  on the boardwalk!
You can see the Boston skyline in the sunset - too cool!
What are some of your favorite summer night traditions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment