Monday, June 11, 2012

Motivation Monday

After getting home from a LONG Monday at work, feeling achy all over from a weekend of running and cross-training, and totally exhausted from a 11-hour day of office politics, running was not at the top of my "can't wait to do" list.  I started up the first hill, and just as quickly, started thinking about walking home and calling it a day. But then I passed an old lady in her yellow convertible, blasting this song:



Talk about an instant motivator!  I spent the rest of my run singing in my head, "if you're going through hell, keep on moving, face that fire, walk right through it," and thinking about what simple, yet brilliant advice it is.  When things are at their most difficult, the hardest thing in the world to do is to keep on going.  It's so much easier to curl up in a ball, and hope that the tough times will pass.  But those times that I've pushed through and faced my challenges head on, coming out on the other side has been that much more fulfilling.  And with that, I finished my Monday evening run feeling totally exhausted and aching all over - but with my fastest time yet on this training course, and a renewed determination to keep on going!   

No comments:

Post a Comment