Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year's Running & the Winter Warrior Challenge

I started the new year by participating in a fun run with Colonial Road Runners in Abington, called the New Year's Day Fun Run & Brrrrrrunch.  What a blast!  I ran 3.1 miles in 27:10 for an average of 8 minutes 49 seconds per mile.   It felt great to start the new year with a fast outdoor run.  I also enjoyed meeting many other Colonial runners over the potluck brunch.  They are a great group full of like-minded crazies like me!

 


This January, I also decided to participate in the Marathon Sports Winter Warrior Challenge.  The goal is to run at least one mile every day throughout the month of January.  There is also an additional challenge to hit the "silver" level by running 3 miles per day, or "gold" at 5 miles daily.  I am setting out to challenge myself with 3 miles daily... but will have to wait and see what Mother Nature brings us in Boston this winter!  If the snowfall is anything like last year, even a mile will be a challenge some days!

 
As for the long New Years' Day weekend, I am looking forward to lots of couch time watching movies, wearing sweatpants, and just relaxing!  White chicken chili for later tonight along with a good book or two... perfection!

1 comment: