If you haven't heard of this incredible group, the introduction on their website says it all:
- "Are you addicted to running marathons?"
- "Do your thoughts switch to the next scheduled race immediately after finishing a marathon?"
- "Are you signed up for more than once race right now?"
- "Are your closets and dressers filled with marathon t-shirts?"
- "Do you have so many marathon medals that you've run out of room on the hook they hang on?"
- "Do you plan all your vacations around a marathon?"
The group has ten levels, based on just how crazy you are. Level 1, or Bronze, starts with running 2 marathons within 16 days or 3 marathons within 90 days. Level 10, Titanium, involves completing 52 marathons in 365 days, 30 marathons in 30 different states in 365 days, or 20 countries in 365 days. Yikes! Let's just say that Level 10 is never going to happen for this girl!
I was, however, excited to discover that I qualified immediately for Level 5, Ruthenium, based on having run 3 marathons in 3 days, as well as 3 marathons in 3 different states in 10 days, and 4 marathons in 9 days. After submitting my application and supporting information, I woke up to quite the exciting email the following morning. It stated, "Welcome to the Marathon Maniacs Asylum!"
|Pretty pumped to be able to post this the next day!|
I was even more thrilled when the Marathon Maniacs singlet that I ordered arrived in the mail today. I couldn't wait to try it on and to take it for a test "run" this afternoon. My legs felt heavy after the past week's adventures, so I went for an easy two miles just to loosen up and work off some of my pent-up energy. I am somewhere in between recovery from 26.2 x 4 and tapering for one more marathon this weekend, so this will be a LIGHT running week for me. In the meantime, I will continue to bask in the glow of my excitement from this latest milestone... my new title as a Marathon Maniac!
|Matching headband? Check!|